Monday, October 8, 2012

The Cave

you know, i look at this wall and wonder what may come next, so many pictures and stories there could be, if there were but a few more minutes in the day, ahh, but days must end, and my thoughts do drift to another time and another place, a place of quiet refuge, secluded and sheltered by tree and cliff, a worn path often followed to this quiet place, foot prints in the soil that seldom wash away, the undergrowth trying often to take over the bare soil yet the new prints keep them away.. The day sunny as i make my way to my little hidy, stone wall towers on my right, forest and creek on my left as i follow the windy trail till I reach the little alcove, the sky over head already darkening as the pin points of lights do wink open to shine through the night, casting my eyes across the opening to catch the sight of a deer standing near the water, front legs splayed open wide as she dipped her tongue into the cool mountain brook... settling in, i watch, till she had drunk her full and then scurried off into the forest.. oh such peaceful nights these are, the fall colors settling in as i roll out my dinner and light a small fire, time to relax, settle down for the night, my sketch book beside me, yes, looks like a might fine evening to draw and so i bid thee farewell for a time, perhaps to return before laying out my bed rool and wishing all a good night, but still then, time to settle in and enjoy some quiet hours just dreaming..

No comments:

Post a Comment